Thursday, August 23, 2012

Best of 2012: Beautiful Girls edition



City and Colour - The Girl

I found myself listening to a lot of older songs in July, returning to some tried and true favorites.  So you don't get a July this year. Sorry. On the bright side, we can all musically block out a miserably hot and sweaty month.  Instead, here are a few songs that I found myself listening to on repeat play around the beginning of August, and they all have something in common.  Just listen to the toothachingly sweet lyrics from City and Colour: "You sacrifice so much of your life in order for this to work. While I'm off chasing my own dreams, sailing around the world, know that I'm yours to keep, my beautiful girl." The Canadian band, City and Colour, is fronted by Dallas Green (get it?).



Sara Bareilles - Beautiful Girl

Have you ever noticed how much I love Sara Bareilles? She makes perfect music.  This is a song she, according to concert banter, wrote for her younger, adolescent sister. Sara sometimes plays this song at concerts, but it's never been released on an album.



Missy Higgins - Everyone's Waiting

Just watch. You'll get the connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment