Wednesday, February 2, 2011

One Hell of a Burger


Tonight, I finally got around to trying Ray's Hell Burger. I know, right? I've been in DC for two and a half years. Obama would be ashamed of me.

After hearing chants of "Ray's! Ray's!" all day from my friends/ co-worker and boss, I finally get it. "Ray's hunger" really is "different from other hungers."

What you see before you is the Soul Burger Number One, with Applewood smoked bacon, Swiss cheese, Sherry and Congac mushrooms and grilled red onions. I added Gruyere because... it was on the menu, and why wouldn't you? Apparently, the Commander in Chief prefers the basic Cheddar burger. Bore-Ring.

I was the wimp of the evening that didn't finish their hamburger. But somewhere around midnight, when I'm feeling Ray's hunger, I'll have the other half of my meat-juice soaked burger and fries and mac n' cheese. And he who heckled will be stuck with a 7-Eleven Slurpee.

No comments:

Post a Comment