Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Best of 2011: Songs from July



Back in July I was pretty much still thinking about my birds and listening to Adele's "Someone Like You."  But when I wasn't doing that, I was listening to Over the Rhine, the Ohio based duo Linford Detweiler and Karin Bergquist, who've been married and making music together for a couple of decades now.  I went to see them back in March, thanks to my buddy Juli Thanki over at Engine145. Linford tells great stories, and Karin sings her ass off, and that's pretty much what everyone's looking for in a concert right?  Well, not everyone, but, you know, everyone not looking for meat dresses.  "Days Like This" is from their recent album The Long Surrender, but my favorite OTR song is still "Spark" from the 2005 record Drunkard's Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment