Monday, December 26, 2011

Best of 2011: Songs from November



When I listen to "Attaboy", I imagine the opening credits of the movie about my life. It's a pretty short movie, for lack of interesting plot material.  And south Mississippi is played by Ireland.  But the thing that gets me about watching this video is that these musicians--each a master of his own instrument--recorded in the same room together, not in separately little cubes separated by thousands of miles and then pieced together by a skillful engineer.  And you can see how much they enjoy being Goat Rodeo.



I know I've already covered a lot of Sarah Jaffe in October's songs, but here's Clementine.  It's been about every third song in my ears for two months now. It's so good. Seriously, listen.

See? So good.



People are usually pretty shocked that I like One Republic.  They're boys! And they're on the radio! Hell, they're on commercials for Disney World.  But then, my friends are usually shocked at how much I love Disney World too.  But these are just great songs.

Here's another.




No comments:

Post a Comment